- Top 20 Lego Art Top 20 Lego Art For those of us who came of age in the '70s and '80s, LEGOS were our life blood. Whether you built pre-designed sets or free-wheeled those plastic blocks into something only the pint-size architect could create or often understand, they are indelibly etched into our hearts, minds and pop culture. Here are some great examples of LEGO Art from those who chose not give up on their childhood dream of sitting and playing blocks.
- Conan O'Brien's the Flaming C Conan O'Brien's the Flaming C
- Of Mice and Machines Of Mice and Machines Legohaulic made this for the MOC Olympics under the category "Do NOT Go In There!" Obviously robo-puss is about to get the drop on those Gameboys. Via
- Shaun Of The Dead Shaun Of The Dead Arguably the best, but certainly the funniest, zombie movie ever made needs a LEGO set to commemorate the greatness of the Winchester, the deliciousness of nibbles, and the fact that dogs can't look up. Thanks Yatkuu. Via
- Back to the Future II, Delorean and Hover Board Back to the Future II, Delorean and Hover Board Greatness can always be found in all things LEGO and Back to the Future. Combining this love is Alex Schranz, a LEGO builder who has created a model set of Hill Valley circa 2015 AD from Back to the Future II, complete with flying cars, hover boards, and bunch of other details the year 2015 will not offer us. Via
- LEGO Loft LEGO Loft
- LEGO Taxidermy LEGO Taxidermy Love "mounting stuff" and childhood but hate to take aim and put a majestic creature to the ground? Brooklyn-based David Cole's got your covered. Via
- Gorton's Fisherman Gorton's Fisherman Sean Kinney makes his second appearance on the LEGO list with his homage to a great fish(ing) icon. We're impressed with making a life-size Gorton's bust but we're more impressed that he made it eight times. Via
- LEGO Chalk Drawing LEGO Chalk Drawing The fourth annual Sarasota Chalk festival celebrates this ephemeral art form with a range of talented international artists. There were so many wonderful drawings, however this lego men drawing was a stand out. Drawn by artists Leon Keer, Ruben Poncia, Remko van Schaik and Peter Westerink. Process photos here.
- LEGO Church LEGO Church Abondantus Gigantus was created by LOOS.FM for the Grenswerk Festival in Enschede, The Netherlands. It was a meetingpoint, a stage for performances and a place to spin in circles and eventually fall over from intoxication of one form or another. Via
- Filling in the cracks Filling in the cracks Dispatchwork.info coordinates LEGOers worldwide to rebuild broken and bruised urban settings. Great idea folks. Via
- LEGO Skeleton LEGO Skeleton
- Lego album cover art Lego album cover art Bowie, Pink Floyd, Saturday Night Fever or the Smiths have never looked so good thanks to Aaron Savage's LEGO album covers. Via
- Disney Dragon Disney Dragon We didn't want to include anything from anyplace that ends in "land," but Brickley here is 50-feet long and the most "photographed sea-serpent." That deserves a shout out. Via
- Lego Christmas Tree Lego Christmas Tree Wow, spanning 10-meters tall, the project utilizes 600,000 LEGO bricks to compose 172 branches. 1200 christmas balls, also composed of LEGOs, were assembled by elementary school children before being hung from the sculpture. Via
- Giant Lego Man Giant Lego Man This 8-foot LEGO man washed ashore on the shore of Siesta Key Village, Florida with the words "No real than you are" on his chest. Two other lego men have washed up on the shores of Holland and England and appear to be the work of Ego Leonard. Super cool. Via
- New York Times LEGO Building New York Times LEGO Building Sachiko Akinaga created a LEGO building for the New York Times' T Magazine, surrounded by Central Park. Via
- Arrested Development of LEGOS Arrested Development of LEGOS Lego artist, Matt De Lanoy, knows how to be dear to our hearts. De Lanoy recreated the Bluth universe, aka the entire universe of the cult-comedy, Arrested Development, for Brickworld 2011. Gob, the Model Home, George Michael and Michael Bluth, Maeby, Franklin, the Stair Car, Lindsay and Tobias, Lucille and Buster are all here. Via
- Pilot Extrafine Lego Tattoo Pilot Extrafine Lego Tattoo This is insane. Truly insane. Barcelona agency Grey came up with this ad campaign to demonstrate the capability of the Pilot Extrafine Pen. Nailed it. Via
- Escher's Ascending and Descending Escher's Ascending and Descending Andrew Lipson and Daniel Shiu jointly ventured into recreating Escher's Ascending and Descending. Thankfully they attempted and Escher piece that doesn't defy spacial reality. Maybe next time. Via
- White Stripes "Fell In Love With A Girl" Video White Stripes "Fell In Love With A Girl" Video The video that catapulted the White Stripes and Michel Gondry into the spotlight and remind all of us how cool LEGOS have always been. Watch the video here.
Top 20 Lego ArtTop List // Wednesday, 29 Feb 2012
For those of us who came of age in the '70s and '80s, LEGOS were our life blood. Whether you built pre-designed sets or free-wheeled those plastic blocks into something only the pint-size architect could create or often understand, they are indelibly etched into our hearts, minds and pop culture. Here are some great examples of LEGO Art from those who chose not give up on their childhood dream of sitting and playing blocks.