- Andrew HemAndrew HemDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- Jon WayshakJon WayshakDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- CT NelsonCT NelsonDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- Joseph BurwellJoseph BurwellDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- Jean Paul MalloziJean Paul MalloziDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- Beth KerschenBeth KerschenDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- Fumi NakamuraFumi NakamuraDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- Tim MussoTim MussoDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- Paul KaiserPaul KaiserDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
- Grady GordonGrady GordonDescriptionYou can use HTML as you can see!
Smoke & Mirrors @ Marcas Contemporary ArtJuxtapoz // Wednesday, 03 Sep 2014
In line with its vision to support artistic diversity, Santa Ana's newly opened Marcas Contemporary Art presents “Smoke & Mirrors,” a group exhibition showcasing a cross section of trending themes in the ‘young’ contemporary art movement. Included in the exhibition are: figurative contemporary painters like Tom Garner, whose 20 years in Italy infuses his art with classical ideals, New Yorker JeanPaul Mallozzi who uses colors and vibrations to exude emotions and energy from the body; monotype print work from Oakland’s Grady Gordon, whose art is influenced by mythologies of the ancient world; large hyper-realist graphite portraits by NY native Paul Kaiser; street artist Tristan Eaton’s pop culture abstracted works, and the design-inspired architectural illustrations of Joseph Burwell. Also showing are Fumi Nakamura, whose carefully detailed drawings evoke a magical realm, esteemed artist and La Verne Professor Tim Musso, whose large scale intricate woodcut and screen prints reveal the intricacies of the natural world, and the animation-influenced, darkly detailed work of Jon Wayshak.
Smoke & Mirrors
Marcas Contemporay Art
Santa Ana, CA
September 6th – 28th, 2014
Artists Reception: Saturday, September 6th, 7-11pm