Preview: Corey Helford Gallery @ Scope MiamiJuxtapoz // Monday, 28 Nov 2011
As are set to run off to Miami this week for the annual Art Basel event, we take a look at Corey Helford's preview for their booth at Scope Art Fair. Amongst a huge list of artists, Corey Helford Gallery will exhibit D*Face, RISK, Nick Walker, Michael Mararian, Hush, Ray Caesar, and Ron English. We will be covering more of Helford's booth and highlights in the coming week.
The collection will also include new and recent works from Chloe Early, EINE, Kent Williams, Buff Monster, The London Police, Sarah Folkman, Sylvia Ji, Billy Norrby, Martin Wittfooth, Melissa Forman, SHAG (Josh Agle), Amy Sol, Tom Bagshaw, Colin Christian, Korin Faught, Nataly (Kukula) Abramovitch, MEGGS and Aaron Nagel.
Joining the gallery this year in Miami, artists Ron English, RISK and Buff Monster will be making special appearances at the gallery’s SCOPE space as well as throughout the streets of Miami, and exhibition highlights include:
· The release of D*Face’s 5’5 replica of “Going Nowhere Fast” — his famous 60’ mural in Culver City.
· Nick Walker will unveil a new 6’ painting from his “The Morning After - Miami” series.
· Graffiti artist RISK – featured in MoCA’s “Art in the Streets” exhibition — will debut a 6’ wide mixed media painting constructed from vintage license plates and neon.
· Ron English’s original 6’x6’ painting of the cover art for Chris Brown’s F.A.M.E album will be on view.
· A 7’ tall Oscar Zombie by D*Face and a 5’ tall chocolate Jesus by Nick Walker will be in attendance.